Welcome to SWEET WATER FARM where this Incredible opportunity awaits you at 10420 Oaklyn Dr. just down from Avenel golf and country club. Come feel the tranquility of this 7.2 acre property backing onto a heavily wooded stream. The 1860s farmhouse has been fully renovated with multiple additions. The house is centered on a beautiful kitchen where standing in front of the island you see the dining room an ultimate family room with fireplace and a very large family room with another Stone hearth fireplace. Well situated for relaxation and entertaining, outdoor living space surrounds the family room with a large IEP deck and 1flagstone patio on the side and a screened in porch and IEP deck on the others that offer a panoramic view of field and wood. A wraparound porch completes the outdoor access the home provides, a modern office on the main floor. A modern tower addition off the dining room provides a separate accessible bedroom suite in the basement, a modern office on the main floor with the door to the outside, A spa- like bathroom off the master bedroom and an unbeatable ivory tower office with views in all directions on the third floor. The second floor has the master bedroom as well as one large additional bedroom and full bath, with laundry room. The third-floor has an additional large bedroom. Detached from the main residence are two large garages, 1 with 3 bays, an a second with2 bay and a high ceiling an a full apartment above with a full bath. The property has a basketball/volleyball/tennis sport court with full glass backboards, an a treehouse built around large catalpa, as well as a stream the crosses the corner of the property. It also has Land for separate new driveway from Oaklyn Drive. The land is in the process of being subdivided to create 2 additional 2- acre lots but the entire land an existing house/garage are available now.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Craftsman, Farmhouse, Colonial, Traditional, Victorian
Softener Rent, Hot Water Heater, Electric Water He
Stone, Wood Siding
5,641 sq. ft
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Butler Pantry, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Range-Oven, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Electric Dryer, Microwave, Self-Cleaning Oven, Double Oven, Gas Range/Cooktop, Range Hood, Refrigerator, Six Burner Range, Washer, Water Treatment System, Carbon Monoxide Detector
- Hardwood, Stone
- Central Air, Electric
- Gas Heat. Forced Air.
- 2. Brick, Gas Burning, Wood-burning.
- 2+ Access Exits J, Kitchen Modifications, Main Level Entry, Entry Level Bedroom.
- TV Entry System
- Additional Interior Features
- Air Filter, Breakfast Area, Combination Living/dining Room, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Sprinkler System, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Vaulted
Exterior / Lot Features
- Shared Driveway.
- Wood, Stone
- Metal, Composition Shingle, Pitched
- Lot View
- Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Partial, Wood
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Front Yard, Back Yard, Trees. Backs - Open Common Area, Backs To Trees, Backs - Parkland, Front Yard, Partly Wooded, Premium, Private, Rear Yard, Sloping, Subdivision Possible, Trees/Wooded.
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price