Classic Georgian-style brick home situated at the end of a cul-de-sac backing to 4th fairway of TPC Potomac at Avenel Farm golf course. Open flowing floor plan with two story marble floored foyer with curved, wood-stained staircase. Hardwood floors and crown moldings adorn most of the 1st floor. Formal living room with wood-burning fireplace and built-ins leads to formal dining room with chair rail and bay window overlooking private rear yard. Huge and fully equipped kitchen with solid Cherry cabinetry, new Quartz countertops, Island with cooktop and Sub Zero side-by side refrigerator. Enjoy breathtaking views of the rear yard and golf course in the breakfast room atrium that is outfitted with a desk area. The adjoining family room area is equipped with a stone fireplace and hearth, built-in bookcases and access to the sunroom with ceramic-tiled floors, brick accent wall and skylights. The 1st floor quaint study is furnished with custom-built cherry cabinets and shelves. The 2nd floor comprises of the laundry room, 4 bedrooms and 3 fully remodeled ceramic baths. The primary suite boasts hardwood floors, a wood burning fireplace and mantle, vaulted ceilings and fan, 2 walk-in closets and a gorgeous bathroom with plenty of lighting, dual sinks, garden tub and a separate shower. New carpets dress the remaining bedrooms. The guest suite over the garage features dormer windows, 2 closets and a private full bath. The finished basement has new carpeting, recessed lighting, a cedar closet, wet bar and a great space for rec room, in-law or nanny suite with its own full ceramic bathroom. There is also a large unfinished space that serves as storage and houses the furnace and sump pump. This beautiful home also has a cedar shake roof, over-sized two car garage, public water and sewer, dual zone gas heat and central air conditioning. Easy access to major transportation routes, including Clara Barton Parkway, I-495 and close proximity to Potomac Village, DC and Bethesda make the location incredibly convenient.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached, Traditional
4 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Sump Pump, Gas Water Heater, Pub
5,021 sq. ft
Yes - 2 spaces
Mitchell & Best
Montgomery County Public Schools
Detailed Room Information
- Den/Study, Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Living Room, Storage, Foyer, Florida Room, Breakfast Room
- Dining Area, Formal
- Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Bath Description
- Stall Shower
- Microwave, Cooktop Downdraft, Cook Top Range, Dishwasher, Disposal, Dryer, Electric Dryer, Exhaust Fan/Hood, Humidifier, Ice Maker, Double Oven, Self-Cleaning Oven, Refrigerator, Washer, Laundry Hookup
- Hardwood, Ceramic Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Heat Pump, A/C - Zone, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Gas Heat, Electric Heating. Heat Pump, Forced Air, Zone.
- Full, Heated, Partially Finished, Poured
- Double Pane, Insulated, Palladian Windows, Screened, Skylights, Vinyl Frame
- 3. Mantle, Stone, Wood-burning.
- Additional Interior Features
- Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Cedar Closet, Crown Molding, Chair Rail, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Skylight, Walk-in Closets, Window Treatment, Wood Floors, 9Ft+ Ceilings, Vaulted, Beamed
Exterior / Lot Features
- 2 Garage Spaces. Lighted, Paved Driveway.
- Wood Shingle, Shake
- Lot View
- GolfCourse, Scenic, Trees/Woods, Pond
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Street Lights, Front Yard, Landscaped. Backs To Trees, Cul-De-Sac, Front Yard, Landscaping, Level, No Thru Street, Premium, Other.
- Community Amenities
- Basketball Courts, Bike Trail, Club House, Golf Course Membership Available, Golf Club, Golf Course, Lake, Pool Mem Avail, Pool - Outdoor, Swimming Pool, Tennis Courts, Tot Lots/Playground, Common Grounds, Non-Lake Recreational Area, Recreational Center
The scores below measure the walkability of the address, access to public transit of the area and the convenience of using a bike on a scale of 1-100
Active Market Trends
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price